Whats our MISSION?
Saving children and youth in crisis by building healthy relationships, promoting support and developing successful connections to families and communities.
What do we VALUE?
Secret Harbor’s people, programs and advocacy provide resources and opportunities to improve the lives of children and families. In order to do so, staff strives to:
- Develop connections that create positive, lasting impact for children, families and communities.
- Understand the effects of trauma on children and families and respond with empathy to those experiences through caring interactions.
- Provide safe places necessary to develop trust, gain new skills and grow.
- Build healthy, respectful relationships that strengthen and improve wellbeing, offering hope, dignity and a sense of belonging.
- Promote creativity by embracing flexibility and innovation, engaging each child and family holistically and seeing challenges as opportunities for solutions.
- Recognize that teamwork is essential for each child and family to get exactly what they need to be independent and successful.
Who do we serve? The children, who are referred to Secret Harbor by the State of Washington child welfare system, are among the most challenging young people in the system. Although Secret Harbor can serve younger children, our clients are more typically between age 6 and 18, with most of them preteens and teens. At this time Secret Harbor works with traditional foster placements (CPA) and continues to specialize in Behavioral Rehabilitative Service (BRS) placements. We serve youth from all over Washington, licensing homes in Skagit, Whatcom and Island counties.
Who are we? With teams of caring adults and high quality, intensive services, Secret Harbor helps troubled youth cope with their trauma, regain some trust in adults – and surrounds them with supports that empower them and eventually help them rebuild their lives. Secret Harbor doesn’t give up on these kids- our small but dedicated staff boasts members who have been part of the team for over 27 years! We are administrative staff, case aid support, licensors, recruiters, specialized care managers, parent partners, therapists and more… working as a team with each and every youth in our care.