Ever thought about being a Foster Parent?
Are you ready for the toughest job you’ll ever love? If you’re up for the challenge (and the incredible reward) contact Cori Peck. Be sure to include your name, address, and how to contact you, and Cori will be happy to answer any questions you may have, and get you started. You can also fill out this foster parent application to expedite the process.
What unique services does Secret Harbor offer foster parents and the children in their care?
- Foster parents have 24-hour support for any crisis and for advice.
- Secret Harbor has a large pool of Case Aides who help with transportation to appointments, recreation and family visitations. These aides provide relief to foster parents, act as mentors for the child, and teach kids youth life skills.
- Foster families are guaranteed monthly respite care that the agency helps arrange for them.
- Tailored services respond to the needs of each child, and staff visit homes regularly to make sure the placement works for the foster family and the child.
- Skilled mental health services for the youth are available that include counseling and psychiatric care.
- Secret Harbor provides trainings and foster family support meetings.
- Families receive tax-free compensation to cover the child’s basic care, and the agency raises community funds to assist with special needs.
What are the requirements for being a foster parent?
It’s not as hard as you think! You must be 21 years of age, able to pass a criminal background check, and there are some modest income requirements. Each situation is different however, so if you’re interested, feel free to contact us with any questions. Also, this questionnaire, Is Foster Parenting for You? is a great starting point to see if you can reasonably provide quality care for foster children in your home.
Are you a current foster parent looking to switch your license to Secret Harbor?
When you license with us, you will feel the different- starting with our ability to offer 24 hour support and our access to a deep pool of qualified, responsible and available case-aids to help along the way. Find out more about why switching to Secret Harbor could be the best you move have yet to make!
Contact Cori Peck for more information on transferring your license.