Interested in becoming a Secret Harbor foster parent?
Being a foster parent is the toughest job you’ll ever love. If you’re up for the challenge, and the reward, contact Cori LeClair. Be sure to include your name, address, and how to contact you, and Cori will be happy to answer any questions you may have, and get you started. You can also fill out this foster parent application to expedite the process.
- Secret Harbor’s foster care program is family-focused with a collaborative team approach, offering intensive support to foster parents and children in the home.
- Tailored services respond to the needs of each child, and staff visit homes regularly to make sure the placement works for the foster family and the child.
- Foster parents have 24-hour support for any crisis and for advice.
- Foster families are guaranteed monthly respite care that the agency helps arrange for them.
- Skilled mental health services for the youth are available that include counseling and psychiatric care.
- Secret Harbor has a large pool of Case Aides who help with transportation to appointments, recreation and family visitations. These aides provide relief to foster parents, act as mentors for the child, and teach kids youth life skills.
- Secret Harbor provides trainings and foster family support meetings.
- Families are involved in treatment planning.
- Families receive tax-free compensation to cover the child’s basic care, and the agency raises community funds to assist with special needs.
What are the requirements for being a foster parent?
It’s not as hard as you think! You must be 21 years of age, able to pass a criminal background check, and there are some modest income requirements. Each situation is different however, so if you’re interested, feel free to contact us with any questions. Also, this questionnaire, Is Foster Parenting for You? is a great starting point to see if you can reasonably provide quality care for foster children in your home.
Are you a current foster parent looking to switch your license to Secret Harbor?
Click here to learn more about the simple and quick license transfer process.